Even More SEO Snake OilMay 2nd, 2012 by KevinZ
You’ve probably figured out, from my earlier 2 posts on the topic, that I absolutely despise SEO Spam mail. Well, here is another from the same company as yesterday.
Rank zolltech.com top in the search engines / No cost website analysis
Your website zolltech.com is not ranked top on the 3 major search engines but can be easily!
Did you know that over 80% of website traffic is the result of search engines?
If you want to increase the number of visitors to your website the most important factor is that you have a top search engine position.
If you are like most people, you will spend countless months or years trying to get ranked highly with little or no success.
Your website will quickly:
Dominate your competitors to the top spot on Google, Yahoo and MSN
Boost websites sales
Increase targeted search engine traffic
At no cost, our search engine optimization experts will run a ranking report showing you exactly where your
website currently stands in all the major search engines and how we can increase your ranking to number one.
Please Click Here for pricing and a detailed analysis and ranking report
The Top Rank Results Team
To leave our list please click here
203 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, Illinois 60601
Really, Zoll Technologies is not ranked on the top 3 search engines? What keywords are you using to perform your searches? Better yet, what 3 search engines are you referring to, as the top 3? Yes, I know which ones you are referring to, you do mention them a few sentences later in your very spammy email.
Guess, you haven’t done your home work on my Company. If you had, you would know that I don’t rely on search engines to generate a revenue stream. You would also know that this is a brick & mortar business. We aren’t one of those new fangled digital only store fronts.
There is absolutely no way your special brand of snake oil, oh I’m sorry I meant SEO tips, no I meant snake oil, will increase legitimate traffic to this website. Actually there is a very good probability that your snake oil will actually get a site like this blacklisted by search engines.
My quick list of SEO that actually work.
1. Quality, relevant content.
2. Quality, relevant content added on a frequent and routine basis.
3. Use keywords, judiciously. Don’t over do it.
4. Don’t hide your content behind Flash, Java, and graphics.
5. Search BOTs could care less about Friendly URLs (FURL).
6. Make sure your site has a Meta description.
7. Make sure your site has a Meta Title.
8. Make sure you use and fill in the ALT tag on images.
9. Make sure your content is linked to from some where on your site. If no one can find it, neither can a search bot.
10. You build websites for people, not search bots.